Scope of the position
Working as part of the Projet Montréal team and reporting to its Director General, the person in this position is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of individuals and groups in Montreal with regard to municipal issues, as part of Projet Montréal’s liaison strategy for the anglophone communities.
The permanent staff of Projet Montréal is made up of around ten employees whose goal is nothing less than a complete transformation of Montréal in order to make it greener, more inclusive, more mobile and more prosperous. Join us!
Duties and responsibilities
Anglophone community liaison component (60%)
- Build relationships with anglophone organizations and common interest communities, the anglophone entrepreneurial and business community, and more;
- Maintain these relationships by various means, such as through events, online campaigns, and more traditional methods;
- Develop and implement strategies for themed tours and community relations with our team of elected representatives;
- Work to advance the aims and plans of the Projet Montréal caucus;
- Draft and translate various documents;
- Collaborate with the communications team to express the realities of the anglophone communities.
Support for the CDN-NDG councillors (40%)
- Support the Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce Projet Montréal councillors in implementing their local priorities;
- Support said councillors in preparing files to be debated in the Borough Council;
- Coordinate their presence in the borough;
- Accompany or represent them during meetings and events;
- Plan and organize a variety of community relations activities (e.g. tours, coffee meetings, themed activities, field visits, etc.) and ensure they run smoothly, by being present in person and online;
- Create content for social media;
- Carry out various administrative tasks, depending on needs.
- University degree in political science, public administration, public relations or other related field;
- At least three years’ experience in network development, public engagement or political organization;
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills;
- Excellent political sense;
- Independent worker with the ability to see projects through from beginning to end;
- Understanding of the issues and realities of Montréal’s anglophone communities;
- Knowledge of the municipal political and administrative structures of Montréal;
- Comfortable using social media and technology;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English;
- Valid driver’s licence.
Permanent full-time position.
Annual salary in accordance with the pay scale, between $44,200 and $59,800. Several benefits.
Start date: October 2020.
To apply, please send us your CV and cover letter by midnight on September 21 at email@example.com with the words “Offre d’emploi: Agent.e de liaison communautés anglophones” in the subject line.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In keeping with its commitment to represent the diversity of Montréal, Projet Montréal adheres to the principle of equal access to employment to ensure fair representation of the five groups that are victims of employment discrimination and are identified by the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms: women, Indigenous persons, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with a disability. Projet Montréal invites those who identify as belonging to one or several of these groups to apply and to complete this self-identification questionnaire.
Projet Montréal aspires to create an inclusive, safe and accessible environment for all, regardless of sex, ethnic or national origin, skin colour, sexual orientation, religion, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other basis for discrimination.